Receiving praise is something I struggle with. Probably because of my bad habit of being a perfectionist, but when someone surprises me with any kind of recognition I’m extremely grateful. It came as a big surprise to be nominated for a blog award as I’m still new to the blogging world, and I only started The Comic Vault 8 days ago. In that time I’ve already come across amazing websites and people who are far better at sharing their passions than I’ll ever be. But it does feel great to be part of that crowd.
I’ve been nominated for The Mystery Blogger Award by Rob over at My Side Of The Laundry Room. Although I haven’t had much interaction with him yet I’ve enjoyed reading about his thoughts on anything comic related. I look forward to reading more of his posts and getting to know him better through our shared appreciation of being major geeks.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and in her own words
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
I never expected to be nominated for anything, let alone in such a short amount of time. So, all I can say is thanks Rob! The least I can do is give everyone an insight into who I am.
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
1. My name is Jamie Ryder and as long as I can remember I’ve only ever wanted to be a writer. As far as huge cliches go, I’m pretty much the poster boy. But I believe in wanting to achieve your dreams no matter what and I’m going to keep moving forward no matter what.
2. I love tattoos. Like, really, really love them. I think they are a great way of telling a story about a full life through art, and I have 9 and counting. All of them mean a lot to me but a couple of my favourites are the Sons of Anarchy inspired reaper on my back, Thor’s hammer wrapped within Yggradasil on my arm and stanzas from my favourite poem Invictus.
3. I have a deep appreciation for history, particularly Roman, Greek, Viking and Victorian. I’ve taken it a step further by collecting replicas of ancient weapons. I currently own a Roman Gladius and a 17th century dagger gun combination.
My 5 Questions To Answer:
1. What is the greatest advice you have ever been given? By whom?
The greatest advice I’ve ever been given is by my mum. She told me that life is too short for regrets and it’s taken me a long time to figure that out. I’m getting there day by day and it’s time I started enjoying life to the fullest.
2. Is there anything you feel like you’ve been a fan of before anyone else?
The best example of that is definitely The Greatcoat series by Sebastien De Castell. I remember mooching about in my local Waterstones for a new fantasy book to read in 2014. I picked up Traitor’s Blade on impulse. Since then it’s become my favourite series and to this day, I’m still telling everyone I know to pick up the books!
3. If you could live in any fantasy setting from movies, comics, literature etc…., where would it be? Why?
If I had that ability I couldn’t just live in one setting for the rest of my life. I’d be jumping back and forth! Settings I’d like to live in would include Pirates of The Carribean for the adventure and the Mass Effect games because space travel is awesome.
4. If you had a time machine but it could only travel within your history, where/when would you go?
I’d travel back to my childhood and tell my younger self to choose different friends, take more risks and be less hesitant.
5. (The weird one) What’s your favourite Mickey Rooney movie/role?
I’m not familiar with Rooney as an actor so I really couldn’t say.
These are people who all blog about different things, but deserve to be recognised for their passion.
My Questions To You:
What author or book has inspired you in your daily life?
What character in books, films, comics etc do you connect with the most and why?
If you could be any kind of animal what would it be?
What is one of your fondest childhood memories?
(Weird one) What’s your favourite Leonardo DiCaprio film?
My Best Posts:
Thanks again for the nomination Rob and to everyone else, keep blogging and have a wonderful 2017!